新来的程序设计师行吗句子

李盛

新来的程序设计师行吗句子

  SCENE① B 文斯与艾文在男洗手间里

  【新来的程序设计师行吗?】

  Vince: 1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?

  文斯: 吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?

  Elvin: I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.

  艾文: 我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。

  Vince: So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?

  文斯: 所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?

  Elvin: It'll be close, but we'll make it.

  艾文: 时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。

  Vince: Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.

  文斯: 好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要“维康”的现金了。

  Elvin: And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.

  艾文: 而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。

  语言详解

  A: Tom is clever,really.

  汤姆真的很聪明。

  B: I know. He's practically a genius.

  我知道。他算得上是天才。

  【be up and running 开始运作】

  be up and running 是指开店运作或是一项计划付诸实行。

  A: What have you been doing lately?

  你最近在忙些什么?

  B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.

  呃,我在忙我那冲浪店开店运作的'事宜。很费工的。

  be up and running也可指如汽车等机械组件的开始运作,或是电脑程序、整个系统的运作。

  A: How is the computer program?

  那个电脑程序情况如何?

  B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.

  已开始运作,但我们还要观察几个星期以确定没有问题。

  1) How...work out? ……进展如何?……表现如何?

  2) admit (v.) 承认

  3) Filipino (n.) 菲律宾人

  4) genius (n.) 天才

  5) deadline (n.) 最后期限