英语诗歌OldBlackJoe

黄飞

英语诗歌OldBlackJoe

  Old Black Joe

   Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;

  那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的日子已离我远去

  Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;

  我的伙伴也离开了棉花田

  Gone from the earth to a better land I know,

  离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道

  I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!"

  我听见他们柔声呼唤

  (Refrain:) I’m coming, I’m coming, for my head is bending low; 「老黑乔!」(反复)

  I hear their gentle voices calling,

  我来了,我来了,因为我的'头渐渐低垂;

  "Old Black Joe!"

  我听见他们柔声呼唤「老黑乔!」

  Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain?

  我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?

  Why do I sigh that my friends come not again?

  我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?

  Grieving for forms now departed long ago,

  只为怀念早已逝去的人,

  I hear their gentle voices calling,

  我听见他们柔声呼唤

  "Old Black Joe!" 「老黑乔!」

   Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free?

  昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?

  The children so dear that I held upon my knee?

  还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?

  Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,

  他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,

  I hear their gentle voices calling,

  我听见他们柔声呼唤

  "Old Black Joe!"「老黑乔!」

  ~~~by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864