英语口语提升资料整理

刘莉莉

医患的英语口语对话练习

I'd like to ask you about your past medical history.

我想询问一下你的病史。

Can you tell me whether you have had any childhood diseases,

你能告诉我你小时候得过什么病吗,

for example chickenpox, measles, mumps or rubella?

比如水痘,麻疹,流行性腮腺炎或者风疹?

When I was small, I had measles, chickenpox and whooping cough, but I don't think I ever had rubella.

小时候得过麻疹,水痘和百日咳,但是不记得得过风疹。

Have you ever been hospitalized for anything, or have you ever had an operation?

因为生什么病住过院吗?或者说做过手术吗?

Well, I had my tonsils taken out when I was a child.

嗯,小时候做过扁桃体切除。

Have you had any major health problems since then?

从那以后有过什么大的健康问题吗?

Yes, I have diabetes.

是的,我有糖尿病。

When were you first diagnosed with diabetes?

第一次诊断出糖尿病是什么时候?

What were your symptoms?

有什么症状?

I was diagnosed when I turned 14. I was always thirsty, tired and depressed.

我14岁的时候被诊断出糖尿病,总是感到口渴,疲劳,情绪低落。

Are you receiving any treatment for this?

那接受过什么治疗吗?

I've been getting insulin shots ever since.

从那以后我一直注射胰岛素。

Have you had your vaccinations?

接种过疫苗吗?

Yes.

接种过。

Good. Let me have a look at the letter from your GP.

嗯,好,让我看一下家庭医生的推荐信。

3分钟英语口语对话练习

你昨晚有看《艾莉的异想世界》吗?

Did you see Ally McBeal last night?

噢,太有趣了,你知道John的青蛙吗?

Oh, it was hilarious. You know John's frog?

没错,他们带着青蛙一起到中国餐厅庆祝。

That's right. Well, they all went out to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate and took the frog with them.

嗯,John觉得青蛙看起来有点俄,所以请Ling帮他请服务员带青蛙到厨房去喂它。Ling用中文请服务员帮忙,服务员便把青蛙带走了。

Well, John thought the frog looked hungry, so he asked Ling to help him ask the waiter if they could take the frog into the kitchen to feed it. Ling asked the waiter in Chinese, and the waiter took the frog away.

嗯,过了一会儿,服务员端一道新菜色上桌,他们都很喜欢。然后John开始有点担心,为什么喂个青蛙花了这么久的时间,于是他问了服务员。

Well, after a while, the waiter brought a new dish to the table, which they all enjoyed. Then John started to get a bit worried about why it was taking them so long to feed the frog, so he asked the waiter about it.

然后服务员告诉他们,他们刚用过的菜色就是John的青蛙!服务员误会了Ling的要求,把青蛙给煮了并送上桌。

And the waiter told them that the dish they had just eaten was John's frog! The waiter misunderstood Ling's request and cooked the frog and served it to them.

是啊!但真的很有趣,你不觉得吗?

Yes, but it's also really funny, don't you think?

中级英语口语对话练习

A: Did you hear what happened to Mike in Accounts?

A:你听说财务部的Mike出事了吗?

B: No. What?

B:不知道。他怎么了?

A: He got arrested on Friday night and spent the night in jail.

A:他星期五晚上被捕,而且被关了一个晚上。

B: No. Really, what happened?

B:不会吧。到底是怎么回事?

A: Well, it was all a big mistake, actually. He got home on Friday night really late, and apparently he'd been out drinking with some clients, so he was really drunk.

A:哦,其实是个大误会。他星期五晚上很晚才回家,他显然是和几个客户出去喝了几杯,而且喝得烂醉。

B: Was he out with the guys from the bank?

B:他是跟银行的那些人出去吗?

A: Yes, I think so.

A:我想是吧。

B: Oh, yeah, they always get really drunk.

B:噢,是啊,他们老是喝得烂醉。

A: Well, anyway, he'd somehow lost his wallet and his house keys, so he couldn't get in. He lives alone, you know.

A:噢,反正他就是弄丢了钱包和家里的钥匙,所以没办法进门。你也知道,他是一个人住。

B: Oh, really. I thought he lived with his wife.

B:真的嗅。我以为他跟老婆住在一起。

A: No, she left him last year.

A:并没有,她去年离开他了。

B: Oh, really? Do you know why?

B:嗅,真的吗?你知道是为什么吗?

A: Hang on, let me finish telling you what happened. Where was I?

A:等等,先让我把事情的经过说完。我说到哪儿了?

B: He lost his wallet and keys.

B:他弄丢了钱包和钥匙。

A: Oh yes, well, he tried to climb in through the bathroom window, but apparently he slipped and broke the glass with his foot. The neighbors heard him and thought a robbery was in progress, so they called the police.

A:噢,对。他想从浴室的窗户爬进去,可是显然摔了一跤,脚踢碎了玻璃。邻居听到了声音,以为有人要闯入,于是叫警察来。

B: Oh, no.

B:噢,不会吧。

A: Yes. So when the cops arrived, they didn't believe his story: you know, he lost his wallet so he had no ID; the neighbors were new and didn't know him, so he couldn't get the police to believe his story. So they arrested him and put him in a cell until the morning.

A:是啊,结果警察来了以后,并不相信他的说法。你也知道,他弄丢了钱包,所以身上没有身份证。邻居是新来的,也不认识他,所以他没办法让警察相信他的说法。结果警察就逮捕了他,并把他关在构留所里,直到第二天早上。

B: So then what happened?

B:结果后来又怎么了?

A: Well, when he sobered up, he called someone from work to come and bail him out.

A:哦,等他酒醒以后,他打电话请公司的人来保他出去。

B: Well, that's a bit of a tricky situation.

B:俄,这种情况不太好处理。

A: Yes, I know.

A:是啊,我知道。